It is not necessary that all minute details at home be built or structured according to Vastu or Feng Shui. If there are no major flaws, making even minute changes in the direction of the toilet, bedroom, office, etc., can be quite effective. There are many important factors in Feng Shui which are equally crucial and need consideration, like the placement of the furniture, of electronic equipment and the like at home, and the placement of important documents and files at office, the direction and colour of the main door, etc.
These are some of the important factors to keep in mind if we want to bring excellent results. Many people usually complain that despite making many changes at the house and in the office according to Vastu, it has not helped them in obtaining the desired result. The reason for this is that just making changes according to the directions is not enough, having a balance of all the 5 elements of Feng Shui is critical for good outcomes. Things one should follow to avoid any Vastu Dosha within one’s residence:
- Having some blue coloured elements in the south direction eliminates goodwill factor in a person’s life. No matter how big his empire is, the impact of that business on the market will be bad. If at all it is necessary to have some colour in that direction, it should be a combination of green and red, or only red.
- Placement of a dust-bin in the north-east direction disturbs the thinking of a person and increases negative attitudes. This is due to the fact that this is an effective direction which controls our mind and keeping anything bad in this direction may badly affect the mind. People having some Vastu or Feng Shui problem in this direction will think something and will do something else. Ø This also includes plants in the house. Nature is always considered as the best remedy for Vastu Dosha, so having plants at home is considered as a good omen. Plants act as a barrier against the flow of bad energy and also balance the effect of bad energy. But not all plants are of such character. Many people use money plant at home as a decorative item which is not considered good.
- Having pictures and images of scenery as wall hangings plays an important role. Primarily, it should be designed in such a way that it spreads positive energy at home. Images of battle fields, barren landscapes or houses, or fighting, may have a negative impact on the environment of the house. Having colourful images and that too according to the requirement is good. If your home has any problem in the east direction, having a green shaded image of woods can be a quite effective remedy.
- Saving and storing broken and unusable things at your place can be quite harmful to you, and you will always stay unaware because at the outset no one will be able to percieve how harmful it is, while it becomes the reason for all bad happenings. Improper placement of waste material like iron rods etc. on terrace can also cause hurdles in various work. In office as well, you should have only those furniture which should be related to your work and they should be in placed in the proper direction.
- Apart from this, shape and size also matters. If correct colour schemes of Feng Shui are followed, you will definitely fetch better results. Proper curtains are also quite effective.
- Placing a mirror in the South West direction is also considered wrong. as it will not allow you to complete your work successfully. So, not only rooms need to be in the correct direction proper placement of mirrors is also very necessary. So as you see, all the above mentioned aspects are the ones which we often end up ignoring, and not pay any considerable amount of heed to. But the long term effects of each of these are drastic. Care should thus always be taken that such small things are paid proper attention and the home is customized according to Vastu, as far as possible.